These light-as-air crispy kale chips are gluten-free, vegan, and guilt-free. Season with sea salt after baking, to keep them airy and crisp.
1 head of Lacinato kale, aka Tuscan kale
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Separate the leaves and wash the kale thoroughly in cold water. Pat dry.
3. Slice out the tough center stem, then cut the leaf crosswise into 3-inch pieces.
4. Toss into a large shallow roasting pan (or use a baking sheet).
5. Drizzle with olive oil and massage the pieces to coat each piece. Spread them evenly in the pan, in a single layer.
6. Pop into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Stir gently to loosen the chips and separate them. Bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes or so, until good and crispy.
Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
HEALTH NOTE: Inflammatory, low in calories, low in calories, Vitamin K , Calcium Vitamin A, potassium, Lutein-, and High in Fiber.
Tamari: Before baking sprinkle (lightly!) a touch of gluten-free tamari sauce and massage it with the olive oil. A little goes a long way- so don't overdo it. And skip the sea salt.
Lemon Pepper: Spike it with lemon pepper after coating with olive oil.
Greek herbs: Classic Greek herbs such as mint, lemon peel, garlic, and oregano are marvelous with kale.
Gluten Free Grilled Polenta with Ragout
Free of: egg, soy, nut, sugar, oil*
Yields 16 slices