4 Chicken breasts
12 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup fresh basil
½ Ounce fresh parsley
½ Large Portobello mushroom cap
1 Medium roasted red pepper, cut in strips
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small food processor or blender, combine olive oil, basil, parsley and garlic. Process until smooth.
3. Place asparagus and mushroom cap on a baking sheet. Brush vegetables with two tablespoons of the oil-herb mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
4. Arrange two stalks of asparagus, mushroom strips and red pepper, down the middle of chicken breast, which is lying on top of a piece of parchment paper. Season with salt & pepper. Roll the parchment.
5. Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes, or until completely done. Let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, before unwrapping to allow juice to settle into chicken.
6. Unwrap and cut in half, chicken may be served warm or cold.
This dish is decorative, tasty and healthy. You are getting a clean source of Protein, Vitamin B6 from the asparagus and Vitamin C from the red peppers. It is a nice way to get the whole family to eat its vegetables. In addition, Note, I recommend parchment paper to be used in preparing this dish.